Tiden stannar inte bara för att du gör det. Ta vara på det du har och lev livet till det fullaste

Wednesday, May 2

Life takes a funny turn sometimes

  In school, my weakest subjects (besides PE) was, which may be surprising to those of you who didn’t know me as a kid, language. In other words Swedish, English and Spanish. I could get a good grade but never reach that top one. The reason? My writing. To be honest, my spelling sucked. But even if this was the case, I later in university ironically enough, decided to major in Japanese. Ever since I was a teenager I had a passion for Japan. My Japanese studies brought me to Japan, much to my moms dislike I might add, here my English were considered really good for the first time in my life. For the first time, I got compliments on my English and this just made my day. You might wonder why I decided to share this now? I will tell you the reason. Today I signed a contract for a new part-time job as an English writer for a website related to Haneda-airport here in Japan. Me, working with something related to English writing? This is something I never thought I could do. Neither did most of my junior high school teacher, I’m sure.  It made me think how life can take a funny turn sometimes. How knew my love for Japan would end up giving a part-time job as a writer for an official webpage. This may seem small for people gifted in the writing department, but for me who was anything but. This really is a big thing.

I know that this blog has been dead for a while, I’m sorry for that! I hope more thing like this will happen so I write here more often. Or just feel like I have the energy to get into blogging again.
We are already in spring, soon summer and I’m now a second-year student at my school, a sempai as its called in Japanese. It sure keeps me busy with studies, my internship, part-time jobs and job hunting. The last part is the most stressful.

I hope you guys are having a great time and enjoying your everyday life’s wherever that may be!
Until next time

PS: I’m so so so happy to congratulate my friend A on the birth of her wonderful daughter. Can’t believe we are at the age to be mothers. I’m sure you will be a great one A! Love you.

~Living the dream~

No comments:

Post a Comment